DeckSafe are looking for experienced GRP Fabricator and Installers to join our team.
Our Installers are responsible for working as part of an Install team, of 2 or more people, working on various construction sites, installing our range of GRP safety floors and access equipment
You will be operating machinery to cut, drill and install GRP safety flooring products as well as installing framework into the building structure. At Step on Safety Limited your ability to contribute to teamwork and assist the supervisor in delivering the project on time, with integrity, accountability and enthusiasm is essential.
This position reports to the Immediate Site Supervisor and ultimately the Contracts Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow clear instructions from the Site Supervisor, following drawings used for installation, working in a safe manner on a busy construction site
- Work safely with a variety of battery and 110V power tools including a chop saw.
- Assist in loading and unloading deliveries and moving materials to the point of use as required.
- Carry out visual inspection of machinery for safe operation before commencing any machining procedure, damages to be reported immediately to the Supervisor
- Good levels of housekeeping to be maintained at all times.
- Follow Quality Management System (QMS) at all times.
- Ensure non-conformities are reported promptly.
- Ensure all appropriate PPE is worn as necessary.
- To work steadily and accurately under pressure to meet deadlines
- Work in an environment which can be unpleasant; dusty, noisy, hot and cold.
- To gain GRP product knowledge.
- Some manual handling required.
- Some repetitive duties.
- Experience and Technical Skills Required.
- Some on-site experience in the last three years.
- One year relevant skilled experience in the last three years.
- Good standard of education.
- Experience of working in a construction environment.
- A current CSCS card is essential, further accreditations of PASMA, IPAF, working at height are preferable
- Driving license preferred but not essential
In return, we offer a competitive salary based upon experience, Paid travel time, Paid travel costs, regular overtime at time and a half weekdays & Saturdays and double time if Sundays are required. Company pension scheme & death in benefit service subject to age and completing a successful probationary period. Full issue of PPE and ongoing training.
We offer the chance for career progression for the right candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.