Space can be limited on offshore platforms and ship decks, with securely stowed pipes, machinery and equipment taking priority over everything. To ensure crews navigate on board safely, providing clearly marked, anti-slip maintenance walkways around and over potential hazards can help keep everyone safely on their feet – whatever the weather conditions.
From hi-vis solid top fibreglass panels allowing wheeled and foot traffic to move easily into position, to raised open mesh gantries that allow maintenance workers to simply walk over pipes rather than between them, GRP is ideal for use in marine environments.
- It’s non-corrosive and will not rust
- It’s chemical resistant
- It’s non-slip, even in wet or oily conditions
- It is a fraction of the weight of steel equivalents making it easier and cheaper to install
- It’s non-sparking so easy to cut – no hot works permits required
- It’s UV stable so won’t fade – even in strong sunlight
- It provides a complete solution – structural profile, mesh panels and handrails can all be fabricated using GRP
- It can be supplied in specialist formats to maximise safety onboard
Our inhouse designers can create solutions that will meet all your safety and access requirements and our fabricators build everything at our headquarters to check quality and fit before it’s sent to your site. We can install it for you or simply advise your own teams on how it all goes together.
For more information get in touch here.
Maintenance Walkways case studies
This week DeckSafe be delivering the first trial batch of bespoke solid top panels to an offshore platform in Angola.
Oil Tanker Walkways
After working closely with our client for 13 months, DeckSafe Solutions have successfully been awarded the turnkey contract to design a Raised GRP Walkway...